Mixer Season 2 is the next major evolution of the Mixer service: an ongoing roll-out of updates centered around creating more fun ways to express yourself, new opportunities to support streamers, and new abilities for recognition within the community.
Season 2 launched in November 2018 with the introduction of Skills and Sparks Patronage. Over the coming weeks and months, we’ll continue to introduce awesome new features. We’ll also update and improve these experiences and incorporate new ideas based on feedback from the Mixer community.
Skills are fun ways to express yourself while watching your favorite stream. Better yet, using Skills supports partnered streamers by helping them reach financial payouts.
To use Skills:
- Open the Skills tray on the bottom-right corner of your screen to see a catalog of available Skills
- Choose from Stickers, Effects, or Rallies, listed at the top of the Skills tray
- Stickers will appear in chat, similar to emojis
- Effects include things like GIFs and fireworks, which appear over chat
- Rallies are activities for everyone watching the stream. Bounce a beach ball, start a laser show, or add your own Doodle
- Spend your Sparks to use Skills. If a Skill is locked or grayed out, level up or earn more Sparks to unlock it.
- IMPORTANT: Mobile users must download the Mixer app to use Skills
Skills update frequently, so there’s always something new to use, unlock and collect.
Now when you use Sparks on Skills or MixPlay, you can support partnered streamers without spending any money.
Partnered streamers have a blue, purple, or pink crystal displayed on their streams. The crystal shows different milestones representing various financial rewards. Spend your Sparks to fill the crystal, and partners will receive a financial reward for each milestone reached.
PARTNERS: Amounts are additive, not cumulative. Rewards will be paid out at the end of the month. Note that spending Sparks on your own channel do not count toward patronage.
VIEWERS: Be aware of who benefits from your Sparks! On hosted streams, Sparks spent on the hoster's stream will go to the hostee. On co-streams, Sparks will benefit the partner whose URL you are on.
- Hosting Example: If streamer A is hosting streamer Z and you spend Sparks, they will go to streamer Z.
- Co-Stream Example: If streamer A, B, and C are in a co-stream and you're watching via streamer A's URL, Sparks spent will go to streamer A, regardless of who you have selected to view their channel.
- When in doubt, check the Skills tray. It will tell you which streamer will benefit from your Sparks.