CATbot is Mixer's fearless auto chat filtration bot that can help remove unwanted chat content on your channel. When a message comes in that violates your CATbot level setting, it will automatically be hidden from your chat room before others see it. Only the streamers and moderators will actually see the message as struck out with a "removed by CATbot" flag next to it so your chat will never see it.
Catbot will not ban, timeout or report users.
How do I enable Catbot?
By default Catbot is enabled on the lowest setting, "Very low". You can adjust the level of Catbot via your Broadcast Dashboard by going to the top right hub menu > Broadcast Dashboard > Broadcast. and locating the Catbot Auto Chat Moderation, click the Moderation Page link. There you will find the ability to set your channels Catbot level to your preference.
What is Catbot Mode?
Catbot mode allows you to set the moderation level for specific ranks in your chat using our Channel Progression system. Using this method is a great way to restrict new users in your channel from potentially trolling or saying offensive messages. The more someone hangs out and interacts with your channel, the more they rank up and the more lenient Catbot can become as you grow to trust the user.
- Very Low (default): The minimum and default level of Catbot . Catbot will only remove universally offensive terms. This is recommended for 18+ rated streams.
- Low: Catbot will work to remove forms of bullying, hate speech, and extremely offensive language from your chat. This is recommended for 18+ rated streams.
- Medium: Catbot is very restrictive of any and all forms of bullying and strong language. This is recommended for Teen rated streams.
- High: Catbot will work to keep your chat clean from any profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, and other offensive language entirely. This is recommended for Family Friendly rated streams.
- Follower Curve: Catbot will trust your Subscribers and Followers more than other users.
- Subscriber Curve: Catbot will trust your Subscribers more than anyone else.
While we can't guarantee 100% accuracy, enabling these settings will help keep a safe, level, chat that avoids toxicity.
If you encounter something that you believe shouldn't of been "sniped" by Catbot, please contact our support team and include a copy of what is being said (including the username saying it) and what Catbot moderation level you have set.
If you have any feedback on Catbot please let us know at Feedback.Mixer.com