A past stream (or Video on Demand aka VoD) is a recording of a previous stream that is automatically saved on Mixer if you had previously enabled this option.
If this option was not turned on before booting up your stream, a past stream will not be saved.
Past Stream Viewing:
- Anyone can view your past streams from your channel page (as soon as your stream ends and the stream finishes processing).
Past Stream Management:
- You can download, delete, or check the processing status of your past streams from your Past Streams management page.
Past Stream FAQ:
How do I enable Past Stream?
- To enable past streams, login to Mixer.com > Click your avatar in the top right > Click on "Broadcast Dashboard". Scroll down until you see "Keep recordings of my streams" > toggle the switch on. Scroll down and hit "save". You're all set! Please note that if you enabled this mid stream, the current stream will not be saved.
Please be aware, you will need to complete the Streamer Review process before you can enable your Past Streams.
Why can't I watch my Past Stream?
- Past stream recording must be enabled with the "Keep recordings of my streams" option on your Broadcast Dashboard before your stream starts in order for the stream to be saved (past stream recording is disabled by default).
- Past streams with a blue thumbnail indicate that they are still processing (and will become available as soon as processing is done).
- Streams shorter than 5 minutes are not saved.
- Streams longer than 48 hours will not save. If you're approaching this time and want your stream to save, please stop the stream and restart it.
How long do past streams stay on the site?
- Past streams are retained for 14 days for Regular and pro users.
- Past streams are retained for 90 days for Partners.
- Past streams are retained for 180 days for Verified Accounts.
- Some channels (such as official esports and event channels) have a longer retention limit due to business reasons.
If your stream didn’t save, or can't be viewed after it's finished processing, please contact us and we’ll help you out.