FTL is our brand new streaming protocol that allows for sub-second video latency when streaming. FTL enables streamers to interact with their viewers in real time, it’s specifically tailored towards streams that engage viewers with interactive controls. Since FTL is so new, it’s possible you may run into hiccups from time to time. Below you’ll find some basic troubleshooting and tips to help make your experience better.
- How do I stream with FTL?
- Using our custom version of OBS Studio, we call OBS-FTL.
- Using the built in FTL support in XSplit.
- Using the build in broadcasting function on Xbox One.
- Using the Gamebar in Windows 10 with Win+G.
- Using the Mixer Create Mobile app.
- I’m getting an error saying :
- Error: "The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." and/or "The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
- Solution: Install Visual Studio 2015 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
- Error: "Stating the output failed. Please check the log for details. Note: If you are using the NVENC or AMD encoders, make sure your video drivers are up to date."
- Solution: Make sure your drivers are up to date. If so, check that your Audio Sample Rate in OBS-FTL is set to 48khz and not 44.1khz
- My stream is stuttering, what should I do?
- FTL can be very sensitive to jitter in your connection. If you’re experiencing stuttery video, try dropping your bitrate or resolution to see if it stabilizes.
- It’s also important to select the ingest that is closest to you to minimize the travel time of you stream data. In OBS-FTL, use auto ingest for the best ingest at that time.
- How do I know if a stream is in FTL or not?
- In Mixer you'll see a "Low Latency" option.
- The most obvious way is the almost instant feedback from the broadcaster! However there are a couple ways to identify if a stream is FTL based on the video player controls.
If you are still experiencing issues after trying the above, please send in a support ticket.