When you first start streaming on Mixer, unless you’re already connected with other social media sites that look forward to your content, you’ll be dependent on click-through traffic to get your first follows. You’ll want to make sure that you’re watching chat and engaging with these people as they talk to you. Watching a few of the more consistent casters can give you some good ideas for how to do this, but here are a few tips to get you started:
- Involve your viewers often by asking on-topic questions that need more than a simple yes or no answer.
- It doesn’t take much time or energy to recognize returning viewers when you see them in chat. The gesture will go a long way toward building a great community.
- Focus on building a respectful and friendly community, remember that your viewers will follow your actions. You will want to make sure you’re setting the standards for how you want your community to be represented.
- Having chat rules will help moderate your channel and build the friendly and respectful community you want.
- Engaging and building your community is not only about your channel but other channels as well. Get to know other streamers and their communities by visiting other channels and chatting with other viewers.
- Encourage your followers to get to know one another. Your regulars will interact with each other in chat and will create more activity in your channel.
- Get to know as many of your followers as possible, this will help you build a rapport with them and eventually even friendship will be made.