Chat settings allow you to customize both how chat works on your own channel and how chat works across all of Mixer. To adjust your chat settings, visit a channel and click the vertical 3 dot menu to the right of the chat input box.
Chat settings are broken up into three parts:
- Personal Preferences: These are settings that apply only to you and act across all Mixer channels.
- Channel Preferences: These are only visible when viewing chat settings while on your own Mixer channel and control how chat behaves for everyone in your channel.
- Accessibility Preferences: Make the chat work for you. Like personal preferences, these only apply to your account.
- Chroma Key Chat: This option turns the background of your chat black, which you can then use to easily chroma key for featuring your chat in your stream overlay.
- Stripe Message Backgrounds: This alters the background of each chat massage.
- Allow Chat Whispers: This allows other users to whisper you via chat for private conversations.
- Enable Lurk Mode: Want to hide yourself from the viewers list? Enable this and you'll be hidden until you write something in chat.
- Hide Deleted Messages: As a channel owner or moderator, you're able to see deleted messages in chat. If you do not wish to see these messages, enable this setting.
- Desktop Notifications: When enabled, this will send your Mixer notifications to your desktop notification window.
- Notification Sound: Customize the audio alert you get when someone tags you in chat.
- Notification Volume: That ping a little too loud or too quiet? Adjust it here.
- Slowchat: The amount of time a user has to wait before sending another message. These are in seconds, so 1.00 would be a 1 second wait time.
- Catbot Level: Catbot is our auto moderation bot that will remove potentially offending messages from chat. You can find more information about what each level means here.
- Allow links: If disabled, messages with links in them will be removed from public viewing.
- Make links clickable: If disabled, links will show in chat, however they will not be clickable. This is a good precaution to enable if you want to allow links, but want to verify what the link is before visiting it.
- Move Chat to Host: When enabled, if you host someone on your channel, the chat tab will automatically switch to the hostee's chat.
- Color adjustments: If you have difficulty viewing certain colors, you can adjust the roles to better fit you.