Chat settings allow you to customize both how chat works on your own channel and how chat works across all of Mixer. To adjust your chat settings, visit a channel and click the vertical 3 dot menu to the right of the chat input box.
Chat settings are broken up into three parts:
- Personal Preferences: These are settings that apply only to you and act across all Mixer channels.
- Channel Preferences: These are only visible when viewing chat settings while on your own Mixer channel and control how chat behaves for everyone in your channel.
- Accessibility Preferences: Make chat work for you. Like personal preferences, these only apply to your account.
- Chroma Key Chat: This option turns the background of your chat black, which you can then use to easily chroma key for featuring your chat in your stream overlay.
- Stripe Message Backgrounds: This alters the background of each chat message.
- Allow Chat Whispers: This allows other users to whisper you via chat for private conversations.
- Enable Lurk Mode: Want to hide yourself from the viewer's list? Enable this and you'll be hidden until you write something in chat.
- Deleted Message Visibility: As a channel owner or moderator, you're able to see deleted messages in the chat. If you do not wish to see these messages, enable this setting.
- Desktop Notifications: When enabled, this will send your Mixer notifications to your desktop notification window.
- Notification Sound: Customize the audio alert you get when someone tags you in chat.
- Notification Volume: That ping a little too loud or too quiet? Adjust it here.
- Slowchat: The amount of time a user has to wait before sending another message. These are in seconds, so 1.00 would be a 1 second wait time.
- Catbot Level: Catbot is our auto-moderation bot that will remove potentially offending messages from the chat. You can find more information about what each level means here.
- Allow links: If disabled, messages with links in them will be removed from public viewing.
- Make links clickable: If disabled, links will show in chat, however, they will not be clickable. This is a good precaution to enable if you want to allow links, but want to verify what the link is before visiting it.
- Move Chat to Host: When enabled, if you host someone on your channel, the chat tab will automatically switch to the hostee's chat.
These are the default chat role colors. You can customize each role color via the "Accessibility Preferences" found in the "Chat Settings" by clicking the vertical 3 dot button in the chatbox > selecting "Chat Settings" and scrolling down. These will only reflect on your account.
Red – Mixer co-founders
Yellow/Gold – Mixer staff
Teal – Global moderators
Purple – Mixer Pro members
Blue – Regular member
White – Owner of the current channel
- Announce skills to screen readers: Enabling this option will prompt any screen reader software you are using to announce skills used on site.
- Color adjustments: If you have difficulty viewing certain colors, you can adjust the roles to better fit you.