Please Note: Tachyon is a legacy version of OBS-FTL. We recommend using OBS-FTL as it has many improvements over Tachyon and gets frequent updates. If you contact support regarding issues with Tachyon, you will be asked to use OBS-FTL instead.
There are two ways to stream with Mixer: RTMP or FTL.
- RTMP protocol has a standard delay of up to 10-15 seconds that works with OBS and XSplit.
- FTL is our very own sub-second streaming protocol that uses our custom version OBS Studio that we call OBS-FTL, or via XSplit.
How to use Tachyon
- Tachyon is basically OBS Studio, but it's rockin' our custom protocol under the hood.
- Download and install the latest version of either the Tachyon Installer or the OBS FTL Beta Installer (both are available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX).
- Head to File > Settings > Output
- Select the Ingest Location that is closest to you. If you're unsure, check your manage channel tab and click "setup stream," then "use OBS" for the closest location.
- Paste your stream key in the Stream Key field. You can find this on your manage channel tab or the stream setup wizard.
- Set your Video Bitrate to a respected upload that you have through your internet provider. You can check this by visiting speedtest.net (For more info on recommended settings and upload speeds, see below).
- Click Apply and then OK. Now you're setup! Just hit Start Streaming and you should be live on Mixer!
Recommended Streaming Settings for Tachyon
- Resolution: 720p
- Bitrate: 2500
- FPS: 30