When CAT Guardians determine a rule violation has occurred, they may suspend or ban the offending account. All first bans and suspensions are appealable, but not debatable.
- When you are ready to appeal, please email Guardians@mixer.com and our agents will be happy to help guide you through our appeal process.
A suspension is given because the stream content violated a rule.
For a ban, search the email linked to your account for an email from Zendesk.
All bans have an email sent out explaining what the rule violation was. (If the email isn't in your inbox, please check your junk and spam folders.) If you feel there were extenuating circumstances, or context we missed, include that in your appeal. Sometimes however, things go sideways and the email regarding the ban gets bounced by your provider. If you cannot find the "account access restriction" email, send us an email and we will explain the reason behind the enforcement action.
Please keep in mind cursing at staff, name-calling, blaming someone else, arguing that you don't agree with the rule, or arguing that you disagree with the interpretation of the rule will result in a failed appeal. We are also streamers and understand it can be frustrating to have your account access restricted. However, threatening and arguing with staff is against our rules. Doing so will not get your account reinstated, and may result in further restrictions. We are not asking you to agree with our rules on a personal level, what we are asking is that you abide by the rules we have in place while you use our platform.
Good guidelines for a successful appeal:
- Explain the circumstance - while having a bad day is no excuse, we all have them and our agents are understandable.
- Re-read our Rules section and try to determine how you can prevent violating the rules in the future
- Understand that whether you have 1 follower or 1 million the rules still apply
- Avoid attempting to claim "special" exceptions/privileges. Where you are from, who you are, what company you work for, who your friends are, or what car you drive, will not change the rules
- Show that you plan to avoid breaking the rules in the future. The past is the past, we believe everyone deserves a second chance when possible. Our concern is "will you repeat the violation", not "but I didn't realize it was against the rules"
- The account owner is responsible for anything said on their account, regardless of who may have said it. Avoid pointing fingers - "But they started it", “My brother did it while I was gone” are not ok for appeals
- Don't argue that the rules are different on another site. Other site's rules do not apply to Mixer, just as our rules do not apply to their site
We understand that misinterpretations happen, and misunderstandings occur. Show you accept responsibility, have a plan to avoid breaking the rules in the future, and most bans/suspensions can be lifted. Our core interests are education and reform – we want community members to come back to the platform. If we lift your ban/suspension, it won't come up again unless you violate the rules again.