- How to link your Microsoft account to your Mixer account
- My Microsoft account was already linked but to the wrong account
- Linking your Microsoft account with a code
- Frequently Asked Questions
Linking your Microsoft account to Mixer is beneficial for both you and Mixer, and we are happy to help you through it! Follow the steps below, and you will be set up in no time.
If you already have a Mixer account and want to link your Microsoft account to it follow the steps below:
- Go to your Account in your web browser
- In the top left you'll see a grey "Link your Microsoft account" button
When you click this button a pop-up will open.
- Please use your Microsoft account credentials to log in and follow the instructions in the pop-up:
- Once logged in to Microsoft the pop-up should close. After a few second you'll see a notification that your account was linked successfully.
- If your Microsoft account was already linked to another Mixer account, you'll see the following pop up. Please follow the instructions below.
- If any additional error messages shows up, please try to link again and if that still doesn't work contact Mixer support.
This sometimes happens as some of Microsoft's services will automatically create a Mixer account for you if you don't have one linked. Not to worry, this is easily fixed. Just follow the following steps:
- While on Mixer.com, login via the Microsoft account you wish to link to your other Mixer account.
- Navigate to your Account page
- Click "Unlink your Microsoft account". You should get a success message that the accounts were unlinked.
- Logout of Mixer.com and log back into the original Mixer account you wish to link via "other ways to sign in".
- Head back to your Account page and click the grey "Link your Microsoft account" button.
- Proceed with entering the details of the Microsoft account you wish to connect.
- If successful, you should see a notification that the linking was successful.
In some cases you'll be asked to link your account using a code. If you have not received a code you can not use this feature.
- Go to mixer.com/activate or to your Account Settings
- Enter the 6-digit code you received into the text box:
- Click the "Link Microsoft account"-button
- You should see a notification that linking was successful.
Should this have failed, go to your Account and check that you don't already have an account linked.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will linking my account change my Mixer Username of Xbox Gamertag?
- No, both your Mixer Username and Xbox Gamertag will stay the same. You can change them yourself if you want to make them more alike.
- Do I need Two-Factor Authentication on my Mixer account if I already have it for my Microsoft account?
- Currently we still advise you to enable Two-Factor Security on your Mixer account as long as you can still log in with your Mixer password. In the future all logins will be through your Microsoft account and you won't need Mixer Two-Factor anymore.
- Help! I can't log into my Microsoft account anymore!
- Please click the "Forgot my password" while logging in with your Microsoft account.
- Where can I find more information about Mixer on Xbox:?
- Please see the index of Mixer on Xbox articles.