- How to link your Microsoft account to your Mixer account
- My Microsoft account was already linked but to the wrong account
- Linking your Microsoft account with a code
- Frequently Asked Questions
Linking your Microsoft account to Mixer is awesome, and we are happy to help you through it! Follow the steps below, and you will be set up in no time.
If you already have a Mixer account and want to link your Microsoft account to it follow the steps below:
- Go to your Account Settings
- In the top left you'll see a grey "Link your Microsoft account" button
When you click this button a pop-up will open (In case it shows an error about a pop-up blocker, please refer to disabling your popup blocker for Mixer)
- Please use your Microsoft account credentials to log in and follow the instructions in the pop-up:
- Once logged in to Microsoft the pop-up should close. After a few second you'll see a notification that your account was linked successfully.
- If your Microsoft account was already linked to another Mixer account a special dialog will show up. Please follow the instructions below.
- If an error message shows up, please try to link again and if that still doesn't work contact Mixer support.
This sometimes happens as some of Microsoft's services will automatically create a Mixer account for you if you don't have one linked. Not to worry, this is easily fixed. Just follow the following steps:
- Log in to your original Mixer account using username and password
- Follow the instructions above to link your Microsoft account
- After the Microsoft pop-up you'll see the following dialog:
Here you can decide which Mixer account you would like to be linked to your Microsoft account (The right one being the account you just tried to link).
- If you decide to continue linking (The blue button) you'll have to decide on a fate for the other Mixer account as you won't be able to log in to that Mixer account with your Microsoft account anymore.
You have 2 options:
- Delete the other account
- Add a normal password to the other account (Note that this will NOT change the password on your Microsoft account.)
- Once you selected an option the Microsoft login pop-up will open and ask one final time for your Microsoft password to confirm the new link.
- You should see a notification that the linking was successful.
In some cases you'll be asked to link your account using a code. If you have not received a code you can not use this feature.
- Go to mixer.com/activate or to your Account Settings
- Enter the 6-digit code you received into the text box:
- Click the "Link Microsoft account"-button
- You should see a notification that linking was successful.
Should this have failed, go to your Account Settings and check that you don't already have an account linked.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will linking my account change my Mixer Username of Xbox Gamertag?
- No, both your Mixer Username and Xbox Gamertag will stay the same. You can change them yourself if you want to make them more alike.
- Do I need Two-Factor Authentication on my Mixer account if I already have it for my Microsoft account?
- Currently we still advise you to enable Two-Factor Security on your Mixer account as long as you can still log in with your Mixer password. In the future all logins will be through your Microsoft account and you won't need Mixer Two-Factor anymore.
- Help! I can't log into my Microsoft account anymore!
- Please click the "Forgot my password" while logging in with your Microsoft account.
- Where can I find more information about Mixer on Xbox:?
- Please see the index of Mixer on Xbox articles.